2017 Annual Charity Cherry Auction
The Annual Market City Charity Cherry Auction was held in the Central Trading Area on Friday 8th December and was very well supported.
Donations on the day on behalf of Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation totaled $92,838 with long-time supporter John Ale from Tony Ale & Co crowned Cherry King taking out the 5kg box of cherries with a bid of $45,000.
Since the Cherry Auction began in 1992 the Market Community has raised just over $1,109,000.
An amazing combined total of $47,000 was raised for the first boxes by the following bidders:
- John Ale, Tony Ale $6,000
- Rodney Dullard, Key Produce $5,000
- Gilbert Correia, Gilberts Fresh Markets $10,000
- Tony Gatani, SJ Fresh $7,500
- Jimmy Park, Jimmy’s Mushrooms $6,000
- Hayden Conti, DAC Refrigeration Services $5,000
- Basil Gotsis, Fresh Provisions $4,000
- Ahmad Albirkawi, Mirrabooka Fresh $3,500
We also acknowledge Toyota Materials Handling for running the sausage sizzle and raising $723 in donations, WB Pit Stop for providing coffees and collecting $115 in donations, Peter Holmes our auctioneer, Simon Bloomfield for assisting and the Perth Markets Limited staff for providing their ongoing support for the event.
Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation Ambassadors, Eva and Andie McAuliffe also presented four generous supporters plaques in recognition of their past contributions:
- John from Tony Ale & Co over $180,000
- Joe from Napoli Mercato over $100,000
- Shawn from Fresh Provisions over $40,000
- Janine from Toyota Materials Handling over $10,000
Cherry boxes were kindly organised by Gary Ferguson and donated by Cherry Lane Fields Manjimup, Newton Bros Manjimup and K Smart from Manjimup. The Donnybrook Mens Shed again provided the ceremonial box for the 5kg of cherries.
Thank you to our generous Market City community for supporting our charity partner, Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation, and we look forward to continuing the tradition next year.